Sunday, July 12, 2009

First family road trip: 4th of July

For my favorite holiday, we headed up to Velva, North Dakota to celebrate with my mom's family. We had a fabulous time, and the car trip was A LOT better this year. I managed to keep my sanity!
During the long car ride, I realized that Braden was actually manipulating a toy in his hands on purpose! That's the first time I've seen him "playing" with something!

We drove half way up and stayed with my cousin, Jess, and her family in Fargo. She and Brian have three wonderful kids: Addison (3), Harper (4 months), and Alex (5).

Harper and Braden are three weeks apart. What cuties!



When we finally got to Velva, Evan met his new cousin, Adrian (Hannah's baby). He'll be 1 at the end of August. Evan loved playing with Jacob (2--Matt's baby) over the holiday too!









Braden was all smiles to be hanging out with Great Grandma Gerger!






We had our annual golf tournament on July 3rd. Mary actually golf ed for the first time in 20 years!!!! It was so much fun! My dad and I won the tournament!








My Auntie Kay and Uncle Larry were invited to be official judges of the 4th of July parade in town. I have no idea who actually won. The parade wasn't as good as the years past.


Evan started out with a grumpy attitude..........until he ate a piece of candy that was thrown to him!


For the first time in my memory, it totally down poured rain during the parade. That didn't stop Ben and Evan though!

Evan and Jacob got some major road rash on their knees over the weekend, so someone hooked them up with cut off socks to cover their knees for protection. How goofy looking!





It's so much more fun to go in the pool with clothes on, isn't it??!!




Evan's first time watching 4th of July fireworks at Velva City Park!






We had a great time on our first road trip as a family of four. We give a GIANT thank you to Jess and Brian, and Sandy and Tracy for hosting us during our trip. We are very grateful to have been able to spend time with you all!

























































































































































































































































































































































No comments: